Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chili - WW Style

Since I am bound and determined to lose this baby weight, I have decided to get my flabby but on track with Weight Watchers. I know some of you are rolling your eyes but let me tell you, I have seen this program work first hand. My mom at the age of *50* decided she was done messin' around and joined WW. She lost...wait for it.......twenty five pounds!!! 25 pounds!!! I figure if she can do it at 50 I can do it at 30.

Therefore I introduce to you a chili recipe which is not of my own creation, well sort of but not really. The original recipe has long since been lost and this recipe is a combination of the original with my own spin.

You'll need a large simmering pot with a lid.

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic
1 tbs cumin
2 tbs chili powder ( or more depending on how hot you want it, and I likes it HOT so I put lots in.)
2 - 15oz cans Pinquitos

2 - 15oz cans Black Beans

1 - 15oz can Pinto Beans

2 - 28oz cans of diced tomatoes

1 - 14oz bag of shredded cabbage or coleslaw (just the veggies, not including the dressing)

(all beans can be subtituted with any other bean you like, White, Navy, Kidney, etc... I have simply chosen this combination because I like the taste best. Keep in mind that black beans do have a point value of 3 points per 15oz can. Therefore if you increase the amount of black beans you will increase the points value.)

Pour the tomatoes into the simmering pot, DO NOT drain them. Drain the beans and add them all to the simmering pot with the spices. Allow the mix to simmer for a 15-20 minutes on low heat allowing the flavors to mix. Next add the cabbage. I like to add the cabbage last so that it gets soft but not mushy. When you first add the cabbage it may seem that you need to add water, DON'T. The cabbage will boil down and if you add water your chili will come out soupy.

Allow the mix to simmer on low until it is thoroughly mixed and the cabbage is cooked to your preference. Remove the chili from the stove and enjoy. This recipe freezes great.

One cup equals one WW Point. It's very filling and it really does taste delicious, although it can (read will) give you the farts, but hey it's a small price to pay for a smaller pant size.

In other variations I have added corn, or browned ground turkey. Again this adds points to the chili and you should count 2 points per cup.

3 comments:

mollymcmo said...

i've done this recipe. its yum.
also makes you poop like a racehorse.
racehorses poop alot right?

m

Superstar said...

MMMMMMMMMMM
CHILLLI
MMMMMMM
~licks lips~

Art_Fulldodger said...

Sounds good but I could fuel the Hindenberg with methane gas after eating the cabbage and all those beans in there.